The Development Associate is a professional position with an administrative role in coordinating and assisting with Penland’s fundraising, stewardship and cultivation. The Development Associate reports to the Development Associate/Special Events and the Development Operations Manager and works in collaboration with the development team, staff and volunteers. The position requires assisting with the planning and coordination of the Annual Benefit Auction; support of additional artist relationship/art sales activities; participation in departmental planning; assistance with all auction-related records maintenance; and administrative support of the Development Office. The position is 30 hours per week, year round, benefits eligible and non-exempt.
• Possess a very high level of familiarity and comfort working with Microsoft Word and Excel is essential.
• Past experience with development office work is preferred but not required. Please indicate if you have experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge fundraising software or Greater Giving auction software.
• Must be highly organized and possess excellent time management and problem-solving skills. Ability to manage large amounts of information is essential. Attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
• Must be highly self-motivated, task oriented and goal oriented.
• Must be able to work within deadlines and under pressure in a fast paced environment.
• The ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule is required.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and a positive professional manner.
• Excellent customer service skills are essential; be comfortable making phone calls and in person communications with patrons, supporters, instructors and students.
• Must have a proven ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of individuals.
• A demonstrated interest in the arts/arts management is important.